EISAMAN ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIP
FOR SOPHOMORE STUDENTS
Jemima Sutton Eisaman, a 1927 graduate and long-time teacher, recognized the value of her education at Slippery Rock University and wanted to return something to her alma mater. This scholarship is her legacy.
Eligibility is not limited to a specific field or area of study.
- Applicant must currently be enrolled as a full-time sophomore at Slippery Rock University. Sophomore status is 30 – 59 semester credits completed.
- Nominees must have demonstrated scholastic ability earning a minimum of 3.25. (Verified)
- Nominees must have demonstrated involvement in community service and/or university activities.
The application form is available online and from the Office of Alumni Engagement, Russell Wright Alumni House & Conference Center, Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, PA 16057.
Completed applications shall include the following:
- A completed application form
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one from an individual employed by the university.
- A one-page typed statement, with a minimum of one hundred words, from the applicant describing his/her character, personal interests and future plans must also be included. Statement must include scholarship’s name and cannot be used for multiple scholarships.
- No photographs will be accepted.
- Please proofread your application. Spelling, grammar and legibility are factors in determining awards.
- Nominees must have filed all information listed above by November 26, 2012, with the Office of Alumni Engagement.
The Scholarship and Awards Committee reserves the right, if necessary, to conduct personal interviews of the final candidates for the award. No distinction shall be made based on race, color, creed, gender or age. No applications will be returned, but will remain on file in the Office of Alumni Engagement for a full year.
TERMS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Payment of the scholarship shall be placed on deposit with the Office of Student Accounts, Slippery Rock University, for the fall semester following the awarding of the scholarship. The winner shall be awarded approximately five hundred dollars ($500). Winners shall be informed by phone and letter.
If the recipient, for any reason, does not complete the full semester of scholarship, any remaining monies from the scholarship shall be returned to the Slippery Rock University Alumni Association, Eisaman Alumni Scholarship.