EISAMAN ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIP
FOR SOPHOMORE STUDENTS
Jemima Sutton Eisaman, a 1927 graduate and long-time teacher, recognized the value of her education and wanted to return something to her alma mater. She requested that a portion of her estate be given to the SRU Alumni Association for academic scholarships. One annual scholarship of $1,100 will be awarded.
- Applicant must currently be enrolled as a full-time sophomore at Slippery Rock University.
- APPLICANT MUST BE ENROLLED IN THE 2016-2017 ACADEMIC YEAR.
- Applicant must demonstrate scholastic ability earning a minimum of 3.25 QPA. (Verified)
- Applicant must demonstrate involvement in community service and/or university activities.
The application form is available online and from the Office of Alumni Engagement, Russell Wright Alumni House & Conference Center, Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, PA 16057. Any questions can be directed to email@example.com or 1-800-GET-ROCK.
Completed applications shall include the following:
- A completed application form.
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one from an individual employed by the university.
- A one-page typed statement, with a minimum of one hundred words, from the applicant describing his/her character, personal interests and future plans. Statement must include scholarship name and cannot be used for multiple scholarships.
- No photographs will be accepted.
- Please proofread your application. Spelling, grammar and legibility are factors in determining awards.
Applicants must submit all information listed above by 4 p.m. on December 7, 2015, to the Office of Alumni Engagement.
No late or partial applications will be accepted.
Scholarship recipients will not be contacted until after January 31, 2016.
TERMS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Payment of the scholarship shall be placed on deposit with the Office of Student Accounts, Slippery Rock University, for the fall semester following the awarding of the scholarship. The winner shall be awarded approximately $1,100. Winners shall be informed by phone and letter.
The Scholarship and Awards Committee reserves the right, if necessary, to conduct personal interviews of the final candidates for the award. No distinction shall be made based on race, color, creed, gender or age. No applications will be returned, but will remain on file in the Office of Alumni Engagement for a full year.
If the recipient, for any reason, does not complete the full semester of scholarship, any remaining monies from the scholarship shall be returned to the Slippery Rock University Alumni Association, Eisaman Alumni Scholarship.
This is a one time award per recipient.