ANNA BRUA WILLIAMS SCHOLARSHIP
FOR ELEMENTARY EDUCATION MAJORS
Bonnie Moreno has established this scholarship in her mother’s memory. Anna Brua Williams was a 1926 graduate of the Slippery Rock Normal School and devoted her career to teaching, a profession she loved. By establishing this scholarship, other students striving to become educators will be able to receive financial assistance to reach their goals.
First preference is for a woman with a junior or first semester senior status majoring in Elementary Education. One annual scholarship per academic year will be awarded. The amount of the scholarship for the academic year 2013-2014 is approximately $300. This is a one-time award per recipient.
- Applicant must be of junior or first semester senior status by the conclusion of the fall ’12 semester.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
- A maximum of thirty-six transfer credit hours may be applied to obtain the minimum 60 semester hour requirement.
- Applicant must have demonstrated scholastic ability, earning a minimum cumulative point average of 3.25 (verified.)
The application form is available online and from the Office of Alumni Engagement, Russell Wright Alumni House & Conference Center, Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, PA 16057.
Completed applications shall include the following:
- A completed application form
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one from an individual employed by the university.
- A one-page typed statement, with a minimum of one hundred words, from the applicant describing his/her character, personal interests and future plans must also be included. Statement must include scholarship’s name and can not be used for multiple scholarships.
- No photographs will be accepted.
- Please proofread your application. Spelling, grammar and legibility are factors in determining awards.
Applicants must have filed all information listed above by November 26, 2012, with the Office of Alumni Engagement.
Scholarship selection will be made in cooperation with department of education faculty and financial aid office. Scholarship will be used for academic year 2013-2014. No distinction shall be made based on race, color, creed or age. No applications will be returned, but will remain on file in the Office of Alumni Engagement for a full year.
Terms of the scholarship
Payment of the scholarship shall be placed on deposit with the Office of Student Accounts, Slippery Rock University, for the fall semester following the awarding of the scholarship. The winner shall be awarded approximately $300. Winners shall be informed by phone and letter.
If the recipient, for any reason, does not complete the full semester of scholarship, any remaining monies from the scholarship shall be returned to the Slippery Rock University Alumni Association, Anna Brua Williams Scholarship.