ANNA BRUA WILLIAMS SCHOLARSHIP
FOR ELEMENTARY EDUCATION MAJORS
Bonnie Moreno has established this scholarship in her mother’s memory. Anna Brua Williams was a 1926 graduate of the Slippery Rock Normal School and devoted her career to teaching, a profession she loved. By establishing this scholarship, other students striving to become educators will be able to receive financial assistance to reach their goals. One annual scholarship of $475 will be awarded.
- Applicant must be of junior or first semester senior status by the conclusion of the fall ’16 semester and ENROLLED IN THE 2017-2018 ACADEMIC YEAR.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
- A maximum of thirty-six transfer credit hours may be applied to obtain the minimum 60 semester hour requirement.
- Applicant must have demonstrated scholastic ability, earning a minimum cumulative point average of 3.25 (verified.)
- First preference is given to women majoring in Elementary Education.
The application form is available online and from the Office of Alumni Engagement, Russell Wright Alumni House & Conference Center, Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, PA 16057. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-GET-ROCK.
Completed applications shall include the following:
- A completed application form.
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one from an individual employed by the university.
- A one-page typed statement, with a minimum of one hundred words, from the applicant describing his/her character, personal interests and future plans. Statement must include scholarship name and cannot be used for multiple scholarships.
- No photographs will be accepted.
- Please proofread your application. Spelling, grammar and legibility are factors in determining awards.
- Tips for submitting a successful scholarship application: Ask well in advance for reference letters, proof read all submissions, review all criteria and complete all necessary information on application.
Applicants must submit all information listed above by 4 p.m. on Friday, December 9, 2016, with the Office of Alumni Engagement.
No late or partial applications will be accepted.
Scholarship recipients will not be contacted until after January 31, 2017.
Terms of Scholarship
Payment of the scholarship shall be placed on deposit with the Office of Student Accounts, Slippery Rock University, for the fall semester following the awarding of the scholarship. The winner shall be awarded approximately $475. Winner shall be informed by phone and letter.
Scholarship selection will be made in cooperation with department of education faculty and financial aid office. Scholarship will be used for academic year 2016-2017. No distinction shall be made based on race, color, creed or age. No applications will be returned, but will remain on file in the Office of Alumni Engagement for a full year.
If the recipient, for any reason, does not complete the full semester of scholarship, any remaining monies from the scholarship shall be returned to the Slippery Rock University Alumni Association, Anna Brua Williams Scholarship.
This is a one time award per recipient.