PAST PRESIDENT’S SCHOLARSHIP
This awarded is funded through the generosity of past presidents of the SRU Alumni Association Board of Directors. It was awarded for the first time in academic year 2012-2013. One annual scholarship of $950 will be awarded.
- Applicant must currently be enrolled as a full-time sophomore at Slippery Rock University.
- Applicant shall demonstrate a minimum overall QPA of 3.25 or higher. (Verified)
- Preference will be given to those applicants whose parents are a current member of the Slippery Rock Alumni Association. Current means annual dues paying or life member.
The application form is available online and from the Office of Alumni Engagement, Russell Wright Alumni House & Conference Center, Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, PA 16057. Any questions can be directed to email@example.com or 1-800-GET-ROCK.
Completed applications shall include the following:
- A completed application form.
- Two letters of recommendation including statements acknowledging the applicant’s academic achievement and evidence of academic initiative.
- A one-page typed statement, with a minimum of one hundred words, from the applicant describing his/her character, personal interests and future plans. Statement must include why applicant thinks they are deserving of the scholarship, scholarship name and cannot be used for multiple scholarships.
- No photographs will be accepted.
- Please proofread your application. Spelling, grammar and legibility are factors in determining awards.
Applicants must submit all information listed above by 4 p.m. on Monday, December 1, 2014, with the Office of Alumni Engagement.
No late or partial applications will be accepted.
Terms of Scholarship
Payment of the scholarship shall be placed on deposit with the Office of Student Accounts, Slippery Rock University for the fall and spring semesters following the awarding of the scholarship. The winner shall be awarded approximately nine hundred fifty dollars ($950).
If the recipient, for any reason does not complete the full year of scholarship, any remaining monies from that scholarship shall be returned to the Slippery Rock University Alumni Association, Past President's Scholarship.
The Scholarship and Awards Committee reserves the right, if necessary, to conduct personal interviews of the final candidates for the award. No distinction shall be made based upon race, color, creed, gender or age. No applications will be returned, but will remain on file in the Office of Alumni Engagement for a full year.
This is a one time award per recipient.