SRU ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
PAST PRESIDENT’S SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
This awarded is funded through the generosity of past presidents of the SRU Alumni Association Board of Directors. It was awarded for the first time in academic year 2012-2013. Eligibility is not limited to a specific field or area of study. There will be one annual scholarship of up to $750 in the 2013-2014 academic year. This is a one-time award per recipient.
- Applicant must currently be enrolled as a full-time sophomore at Slippery Rock University. Sophomore status is 30-59 semester credits completed by the end of the fall ’12 semester.
- Applicant shall demonstrate a minimum overall QPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Applicant must submit a written essay demonstrating why applicant is deserving of this scholarship.
- Applicant must provide written description of extracurricular activities that benefit SRU.
- Preference will be given to those applicants whose parents are a current member of the Slippery Rock Alumni Association. Current means annual dues paying or life member.
- Nominees must have filed all information listed above by November 26, 2012, with the Office of Alumni Engagement.
- A completed application form.
- Two letters of recommendation including statements acknowledging the applicant’s academic achievement and evidence of academic initiative.
- A one-page typed statement, with a minimum of one hundred words, from the applicant describing his/her character, personal interests and future plans must also be included. Statement must include scholarship’s name and cannot be used for multiple scholarships.
- No photographs will be accepted.
- Please proofread your application. Spelling, grammar and legibility are factors in determining awards.
TERMS OF SCHOLARSHIP
Payment of the scholarship shall be placed on deposit with the Office of Student Accounts, Slippery Rock University for the fall and spring semesters following the awarding of the scholarship.
If the recipient, for any reason does not complete the full year of scholarship, any remaining monies from that scholarship shall be returned to the Slippery Rock University Alumni Association.
The Scholarship and Awards Committee reserves the right, if necessary, to conduct personal interviews of the final candidates for the award. No distinction shall be made based upon race, color, creed, gender or age. No applications will be returned, but will remain on file in the Office of Alumni Engagement for a full year.