MAGGIE MEISE FELLOWSHIP FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
This fellowship was established for graduate students who earned an undergraduate degree from SRU. Mrs. Meise was a long-time volunteer for the SRU Alumni Association, serving as treasurer for many years. She was the wife of the late William Meise, Dean of Graduate School. One annual scholarship of $800 will be awarded.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a graduate student at SRU.
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of 9 graduate credit hours by end of current semester and shall demonstrate a minimum overall graduate QPA of 3.5. (Verified)
- Applicants must demonstrate involvement in university activities and/or community service.
The application form is available online and from the Office of Alumni Engagement, Russell Wright Alumni House & Conference Center, Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, PA 16057. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-GET-ROCK.
Completed applications shall include the following:
- A completed application form.
- Two letters of recommendation including statements acknowledging the candidate’s academic achievement and evidence of academic initiative.
- A one-page typed statement, with a minimum of one hundred words, from the applicant describing his/her character, personal interests and future plans. Statement must include scholarship name and cannot be used for multiple scholarships.
- No photographs will be accepted.
- Please proofread your application. Spelling, grammar and legibility are factors in determining awards.
Applicants must submit all information listed above by 4 p.m. on Monday, December 1, 2014, with the Office of Alumni Engagement.
No late or partial applications will be accepted.
Scholarship recipients will not be contacted until after January 31, 2015.
Terms of Fellowship
Payment of the fellowship shall be through the Office of Alumni Engagement or transferred to the Office of Student Accounts for the remainder of the student’s enrollment following the awarding of the fellowship. The winner will be awarded approximately eight hundred dollars ($800). The winner may use the fellowship for payment of tuition, student fees (Office of Student Accounts) or for payment of Thesis printing costs, graduating fees or textbooks (payment upon receipt to the Office of Alumni Engagement).
The Awards Committee reserves the right, if necessary, to conduct personal interviews of the final candidates for the award. No distinction shall be made based upon race, color, creed, gender or age. No applications will be returned, but will remain on file in the Office of Alumni Engagement for a full year.
If the recipient, for any reason does not use the full amount of fellowship for the aforementioned purposes, any remaining monies from that fellowship shall be returned to the Slippery Rock University Alumni Association, Maggie Meise Fellowship for Graduate Students.
This is a one time award per recipient.