PETER J. OESTERLING FAMILY SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship was created by Peter J. Oesterling and his family for Political Science majors in a pre-law advisement program. One annual scholarship of $1,155 will be awarded.
- Applicant must currently be enrolled as a full-time sophomore, junior or senior at Slippery Rock University.
- Applicant must be a political science major in the pre-law advisement program.
- First preference is given to applicants who graduated from high school in Butler County, PA.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
The application form is available online and from the Office of Alumni Engagement, Russell Wright Alumni House & Conference Center, Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, PA 16057. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-GET-ROCK.
Completed applications shall include the following:
- A completed application form.
- At least one letter of recommendation from an individual employed by the university.
- An essay on the topic “If I were a lawyer I would…”
- Please proofread your application. Spelling, grammar and legibility are factors in determining awards.
Applicants must submit all information listed above by 4 p.m. on Monday, December 1, 2014, with the Office of Alumni Engagement. No late or partial applications will be accepted.
Scholarship recipients will not be contacted until after January 31, 2015.
TERMS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Payment of the scholarship shall be placed on deposit with the Office of Student Accounts, Slippery Rock University, for the fall semester following the awarding of the scholarship. The winner shall be awarded approximately one thousand one hundred fifty-five dollars ($1,155). Winners shall be informed by phone and letter.
The Scholarship and Awards Committee reserves the right, if necessary, to conduct personal interviews of the final candidates for the award. No distinction shall be made based on race, color, creed, gender or age. No applications will be returned, but will remain on file in the Office of Alumni Engagement for a full year.
If the recipient, for any reason, does not complete the full semester of scholarship, any remaining monies from the scholarship shall be returned to the Slippery Rock University Alumni Association, Peter J. Oesterling Family Scholarship.
This is a one time award per recipient.